This is the claim of the cookie recipe that I have been using for the last five years – over and over and over again. Because yes, it really is that easy and trust me, you can’t go wrong. Ours have mainly been the normal milk choc chip variety, but we’ve also tried a few other variations – coconut, cocoa, peanut butter, white choc raspberry walnut delight…And a couple of times, I used the whole mixture in a circular pizza pan to make a large birthday cookie, which went down a treat!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- up to 100g of anything else you want to add!
- cream butter and sugars
- add vanilla extract and beaten egg
- sift in flour and salt
- mix it all up into a stiff mixture
- add choc chips, Smarties, nuts, coconut, cocoa….up to about 100g
- divide the mixture into 12 equal rough balls
- place on baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Allow room for spreading. Don’t squish down – they’ll spread out on their own
- cook in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about ten minutes
- the cookies will still feel soft in the middle and will be just about browning on the edges
- allow to cool on the tray for 2 minutes before removing onto a wire rack
Invent your own ‘best cookie in the world ever’ and send us a pic – before you eat it!