They don’t look that great, I admit that. Maybe they don’t sound that amazing either. But trust me – pan-fried bananas are a joy. Yes, this glorious dessert contains butter and sugar, so may be deemed not that good for you. But the main ingredient is bananas and there’s orange juice and lemon juice in there too, so that’s got to be a good thing, right?
All I can suggest is of course, try the recipe for yourself. It’s quick and easy and super tasty – great for using up bananas that have been sat in the fruit bowl for a while.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4 bananas
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- melt the butter in a frying pan and add the sugar, stirring continuously until all the sugar has dissolved
- peel and slice the bananas – diagonally works well – then coat them in the lemon juice to prevent discolouring
- add them to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes until soft – not mushy, but just soft.
- add the orange juice and cook for a further minute
- then they’re ready to serve – they’re great with ice cream or fromage frais or some kind of cream…whatever’s your favourite
- I garnish with basil because I love basil, but you could use mint – or chocolate sauce!